Dallas Willard, one of today's most brilliant Christian thinkers and author of The Divine Conspiracy, presents a way of living that enables ordinary men and women to enjoy the fruit of the Christian life. He reveals how the key to self-transformation resides in the practice of the spiritual disciplines, and how their practice affirms human life to the fullest. The Spirit of the Disciplines is for everyone who strives to be a disciple of Jesus in thought and action as well as intention.
Table of Contents
- The Secret of the Easy Yoke
- Making Theology of the Disciplines Practical
- Salvation Is a Life
- "Little Less Than a God"
- The Nature of Life
- Spiritual Life: The Body's Fulfillment
- St. Paul's Psychology of Redemption—The Example
- History and the Meaning of the Disciplines
- Some Main Disciplines for the Spiritual Life
- Is Poverty Spiritual?
- The Disciplines and the Power Structures of This World