Sample Teaching Video
Sample Leader's Guide
While there will always be exceptions on both sides of the argument, it’s safe to say that the average man is not as emotional as the average woman. Sometimes this is a good thing. Other times our lack of emotional hardwiring is a bad thing. But there’s a difference between passion and emotion.
Most men may not be very emotional, but if we’re going to be the men of God we’re called to be, we have to embrace the concept of passionate living. The kind of passion we’re talking about is defined as “a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept.” It’s an approach to life that’s deeply stirring or intense. It’s the drive we have about the things that matter to us.
Most of us feel this about sports, or hobbies, or even our work. But do we feel it about our faith?
The Pursuit: Passion is a 5-week, video-driven curriculum designed to help men live out a masculinity that is found in the person and example of Jesus.
Rick Burgess, best-selling author and co-host of the nationally syndicated radio show The Rick & Bubba Show, starts off each session with a 10-15 minute video introducing the session's focus. Then, for each small group session, there is a leader guide to help facilitate a meaningful time of discussion and Bible study.
The reason men aren’t living a more authentic faith is simple: they have yet to embrace the call to real discipleship. By leading a group through The Pursuit: Passion, you’re a part of the growing tide of men who are looking to awaken men to embrace their calling as Christ-followers.
The Pursuit: Passion is 100% online. You'll receive the entire 5-week study via email immediately after purchase. No physical product will be shipped to you.
The Pursuit: Passion weekly videos are available in a streaming format, easily accessible on desktop and mobile devices, with a sharable link to key leaders in your small group – no need to pass around usernames and passwords.
- Leader's Guides are provided in a PDF format, easily downloadable to a desktop, tablet, or printed.
- Once you purchase The Pursuit: Passion, you own it forever. Your access does not expire. (We have download limits in place to help prevent unauthorized file sharing. If you run out of downloads, our Customer Care team is happy to reset those limits for you.)
- We run our digital content on an honor system and need your help! If you have multiple church campuses, please purchase a copy of the curriculum for each campus so they can be licensed to use it.
The Pursuit: Passion is perfect for:
- Small groups at your church
- Small groups meeting at your local coffee shop or favorite breakfast spot
- Bible studies at your workplace
- Team Bible studies